Wondering how to improve your resume. Use these hacks in 10 minutes to improve your resume quickly.
Include Active Verbs in Resume
Start achievements with active verbs to showcase your skills as well as provide an action-oriented language in your resume. Loads of such lists are available on the internet. You just have to search for active verbs and you will get such lists.
Quantify wherever you can in Resume
Use numbers in your resume to support your claims. These are some ways in which you can do it.
- Quantify. For example, instead of saying you reduced operations costs, say you reduced cost by $12 mn/year ( ~ 30% less)
- Compare. Better yet, compare your performance to industry growth, company growth, department performance. For example, you can say – Grew sales by 20% as against company growth of 16%.
- Awards. Mention awards in the resume which reaffirm that the company or industry-recognized your work.
Make a Targeted Resume
Align your resume with your target Job using the Job Description (JD). This is how you do it:
- Get a JD. Always make it a point to get a job description from your recruiter. If you don’t get one, try to get one from the internet for similar positions in other companies.
- Use relevant Keywords. Find what words seem important in the job role. Try to use the keywords in your resume. A crude way to do it is to paste your JD in a word cloud generator to spot the most relevant words. To do it more professionally, go for online software like the one available here at Mentorrd: . Check your resume against the JD. You can view some analysis for free and some for a small charge.
- Skillsets. Try to find the skill set required for the job and incorporate it into your resume.
Make your Resume ATS friendly
Try to make the resume simple and sweet so that it is simpler to read for a machine. The following pointers will help you here –
- Check spellings – You don’t need to use complete and correct sentences in your resume, but check for spelling errors as errors may confuse the ATS and get low ranking. Also it shows a lack of diligence when the recruiters check your resume.
- Consistency of speech – try using a consistent tone in your resume. For example, if you start your first bullet as “Exceeded sales in….”, you can’t have the second bullet going like “ Responsible for ……”. That is difficult to read.
Let me know in comments if you have any specific query where I can be of any help.
Get your top-ranking professional resume written by experts at Mentorrd (Premium Resume Writing Services). Mentorrd has a 100% customer satisfaction record and 5-Star ratings record globally on GOOGLE and TRUSTPILOT from customers across US, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, India and many more countries.
To know more about the services Call/Whatsapp on +91 76979 81884 or email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org